Friday, May 2, 2008

Friends and Enemas

Sitting on the patio at Celtic Crossing recently, I made some decisions. The first was a Blue Velvet. Then, I decided to take myself out of some stressful situations. And now, I'm stressed about that. But, still - better for it. We've all lost friends. We don't want to admit that we can't or simply don't know how to maintain long term friendships. But, good things all come to an end -- vacation, Will and Grace, The Golden Girls, Micheal Stipes' talent. We change and grow into different people, or the situations which surrounded us being friends in the first place change. However when friends become harder to simply be at ease around, isn't it time to let go?
Isn't that the reason to have friends anyway? People you can talk to about whatever? Relax around. Be yourself. Be happy for them in good times and supportive in bad and hope they do the same for you? I am simply tired of playing games in the name of friendship. Games of which I do not know the rules. So, for me, it's easier to just fleet it out of my system and make room for more healthy content.
I guess all relationships eventually come to an end. But, we'll always have Lifetime Television.

No comments: